Secondary bone cancer

• 1 reply
  • 5 subscribers

Hello my darling husband has been fighting tonsil cancer that had spread to his lymph node for over a year  , radiation has ravished his poor body , he went into remission , but now we have been told he has secondary bone cancer in his spine , 

I want some advice please from other sufferers , we have been told it's not curable , only some treatments to prolong his life, the side effects seem horrendous , he is unsure if he wants to have more treatment. 

The treatments they want him to have are Pembrolizumab. And Denosumab . 

Has anyone had these treatments please , Ty 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your husband's tonsil cancer has spread to his spine after he'd been in remission. It must have been horrible news for you both.

As you know, the online community is divided up into different support groups so I'm going to recommend that you join and post in the secondary bone cancer group, where you'll connect directly with others who may be having this treatment.

You may also like to join the carers only group, which is a safe and supportive place to discuss your worries and emotions with other people who have a loved one living with cancer.

To join either or both of these groups, just click on the links I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here, and join in with existing conversations by clicking on reply.

Sending virtual (((hugs)))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"