Just been diagnosed

• 23 replies
  • 69 subscribers

Hi all, new here as yesterday I had a cystoscopy which showed I have BC.

Saw the pictures and it is on the left hand side of bladder looks all frilly. He said it is early catch so I am hoping for it to be non invasive.

Have been told that I need a CT scan and a TURBT operation in the next 4 weeks is so.

Still trying to take it all in! As I had been expecting to be told I had kidney stones, as the pain I get is under right ribcage.

Will also be having discussion with bowel consultant to see if I need a colonoscopy as well.

Have told family, all very shocked but at least we know what we are dealing with now. Subject to hearing on other tests etc.

So I am some what anxious about those and also the treatment and afterwards.

Have read some of the other posts which helps.

Somehow I just need to focus on other things for now to keep my mind off it. As had an almost no sleep last night.

Thanks for reading my post.

Tomsk

• Hi Tomsk welcome to this lovely group , I too thought I had stones but alas it also turned out to be bc , I’ve had my first scan etc and my first TURBT , now just waiting to go for my second before my treatment starts but I was exactly the same as you in that I couldn’t sleep , my mind just kept thinking the worst but as the good folk on here will tell you , just take one day at a time, bladder cancer is treatable in some way of another and there are many on here that have been through lots of types of treatments and will be very reassuring and helpful so if you have any questions at all they will help you enormously. Best wishes Nelbell 

• Thanks  it is reassuring to hear from others who have been in same or similar situations.

Hope things go well for you.

• Hi and a welcome from me. Early days for you yet and we understand how you must be feeling. We know what a diagnosis can be like. A TURBT procedure is fairly straightforward in the great scheme of things. Can be done in day surgery, but prepare for an overnight stay. They will scrape away what they can and take some biopsies. The biopsies are sent away for analysis, and the results determine the next step. A couple of weeks anxious wait for results. The CT scan is standard, usually to rule anything else out elsewhere, and it gives them a bit more information of what they are dealing with. It is a one step at a time process, so don't try and think too far ahead. Easier said than done for those who have been there. Lots of experience and support here as you go forward, so please ask anything you like or just have a chat. best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Thanks  that is helpful.

Yes indeed I am trying to not over think it.

Finding this forum certainly helps.

Sure I will be back as things progress.

• Hello Tomsk, just want to echo what the previous replies have been. Of course you worry about what is next but do take it stage by stage. Plenty of people on this forum who all have had different treatments and outcomes. Just don't second guess anything. The clinic have your best interests at heart, we can all empathise with your position because we have all been there.

Do stay on this forum as it does help to share your worries and concerns, there is a lot of experience and advice to be had here.

Take care

• Hi Tomsk,Welcome to this friendly group.I’m sorry that you have just been diagnosed,it is a lot to take in.There is plenty of advice here and we will all try to support you through.Best wishes Jane 

• Try not to worry too much, I know it's scarey & I was where you are right now, I know it's not nice but try take every day as it comes & do what ever you can to keep your mind off it all. Best wishes x