Just been diagnosed

• 23 replies
  • 70 subscribers

Hi all, new here as yesterday I had a cystoscopy which showed I have BC.

Saw the pictures and it is on the left hand side of bladder looks all frilly. He said it is early catch so I am hoping for it to be non invasive.

Have been told that I need a CT scan and a TURBT operation in the next 4 weeks is so.

Still trying to take it all in! As I had been expecting to be told I had kidney stones, as the pain I get is under right ribcage.

Will also be having discussion with bowel consultant to see if I need a colonoscopy as well.

Have told family, all very shocked but at least we know what we are dealing with now. Subject to hearing on other tests etc.

So I am some what anxious about those and also the treatment and afterwards.

Have read some of the other posts which helps.

Somehow I just need to focus on other things for now to keep my mind off it. As had an almost no sleep last night.

Thanks for reading my post.

Tomsk

• Awful lot to take in and the early days are the worst. The CT scan is normal procedure and things sound quite promising. Try not to put the cart before the horse and take things slowly.

It doesn't matter where you go, there you are
  • Hi 

Many thanks for that.

Yes these first few days have been the worst. My brain has tried looking at far too many scenarios!

Being a control freak means that when you have no control of the situation, you go into overdrive trying to find a way to take control or make sense of it!

Was also bottling it up, had a big heart to heart this morning with my wife and let it all out which really helped.

Explained all the fears and worries etc.

This forum helps too.

Tomsk

• Tomsk,

Now that sounds really positive and I expect you feel a bit better. Just try to take it slow and come on here anytime, you'll always find someone to help.

• Hi all, 

Just got a date for my op. Just under 3weeks from now.

So that's good, as quick following the diagnosis.

Just hope that it all goes well and that the results are soon after and not bad.

Also waiting now on colonoscopy date within next two weeks. As had fit test and showed I needed investigation.

Onwards now. Feeling positive.

• Good to hear you have a date.I hope both procedures go smoothly.Best wishes Jane

• Hello Tomsk, I know the feeling that you have, I think it's the fact that something positive is happening and you can move forward. I'm sure all will go well, keep all of us posted on your thoughts and results.

Take care

• It does make a big difference when you get a firm date, rather than sitting in limbo waiting for appointments. I hope all goes well. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Fingers crossed. Don't be a stranger.

• Update....had colonoscopy yesterday. They found two polyps which they removed. So they will be tested. Results in next few weeks.

Hospital staff were super.

CT scan is tomorrow.

And TURBT op is Friday coming.

A lot going on....be glad to get to this time next week.....

Have a good Sunday all.

• Hello Tomsk, wow that is a busy schedule. I hope it all goes well, you have my best wishes.