MUSIC THREAD TO CONNECT & COMFORT ON THIS JOURNEY

• 304 replies
  • 57 subscribers

A bit of light relief while we are on this cancer journey, evoking memories, joys , passion and funny stories.  Its all here from prog rock, to punk rock and everything in between. Hope you book mark it and join in. Music can be a huge comfort in times of distress . It can also make you dance around the kitchen when no one is watching !  Add your stories. Recently chatted about Mr Halofan attending a YES concert, and it was really uplifting.

• I used to love going to gigs,it was always my favourite kind of night out not being much of drinker.One of the earliest ones was going to see Santana in London in my mid teens.That was an amazing atmosphere everybody was dancing.i like rock but have a wide range of cd’s plus an old vinyl collection.I love the artwork on the LP’s Then there might be the odd scratch where someone had fallen over the record deck at a party.Happy times.Jane xx

• The headphones go on when my tinnitus kicks off. It doesn't stop it but takes my mind off it. Anything from the Dubliners to Santana. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• My first gig was Simon & Garfunkel at the Albert Hall. Complete contrast to more recently,  Muse at the new Wembley stadium. I enjoy a huge variety of music - playing and singing as well. Great to dance to let off steam - haven't the stamina I used to have though!

• Been to see the Australian Pink Floyd a couple of times they put on a great Show 

• I saw David Bowie at the Rainbow. But one of my favourites was a blues legends triple bill woth BB King, Albert King and Bobby Bland at the Hammersmith Odeon  a 3 hour gig at which they all jammed together on stage at the end. I had a bit of a wild night at Dingwalls with Dr John and his piano. I was a bit out of it and ended up dancing on the piano, no one seemed to mind. Not that I noticed.

• Mr Halofan agrees with your analysis and song choice Andy. 
    I went to watch the fa cup at my local and lovely to see plenty of response to the thread. Music unlike football doesnt depress me when we lose hahaha

Much love Angela x

• Saw Bowie at milton keynes , absolute hero of mine tbh. Love that you were dancing on the piano. Blues not really my thing , but appreciate the talent. 
    I ended up in A&E with ? Fractured ankle at a buzz cocks gig in camden . It was a crazy night, loved it all

Much love Angela x

• Wow I would have loved to have seen them 

Much love Angela x

• Angela, I used to roadie for the Stranglers sometimes. Some wild nights.