Results from 2nd Turbt

• 24 replies
  • 55 subscribers

Hi, hope everyone is well, I got the results today from my last Turbt it was a long 3 weeks wait. I was first diagnosed with a T1 G3 tumour today my CNS said it is now PT1 G3 can anyone tell me what the difference is please, have a meeting with her tomorrow re further treatment have the option of BCG or possible RC if I want to go down that road. Has anyone gone for BCG and then had a RC very confused on what to do. Many thanks Lynn

• Hi  . The P stands for pathological and simply means the results were determined in a path lab. It is not part of the diagnosis. I've not had BCG so not much help. I am sure someone will be along with experience. Hopefully your CNS will have some information tomorrow. Write down your questions beforehand. best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Going from G3PT1 to RC in one jump is quite a move. You may wish to consider BCG first. And if that fails then consider other options. But it’s your choice.

My 2nd TURBT was G2PT1, so seems sensible to try BCG first. Keeping RC in the back pocket if required.

i know some on here have chosen the RC route, and they wish to explain their rational under similar circumstances.

all the best,

Leo

• Thanks Rily x Lynn

• Thanks Leo, thats my thinking as my husband said use the belt and braces route. X Lynm

• I am sure your Consultant and MDT will give you a good steer, and yo should discuss your options with them and pluses and minuses - together with your personal circumstances. Slight smile Leo

• In my personal book as Leo1 says that would be quite a jump. But surgeons do like their surgery and do offer it, which suits some people. But there is a third way, ie Mitomycin into the bladder. This has been successful for 5 years since for my OH and has saved both of us all that surgery entails for a man. He was G3 Pta but a great many of the tumours, too many to count.

• Thanks Denby x Lynn

• I was T1G3 and opted for RC however after meeting the surgeon, he suggested to try BCG first rather than straight to RC. Followed surgeons advice and went the BCG route, and so far, it seems to be working. Have had 9 instillations to date with minimal side effects. 

• Sensible advice

• Thanks Tortoise had a meeting this morning with CNS she was really helpful explained everything clearly I am going for the BCG treatment with a RC  as backup hopefully it will not come to that but goid to know the option is there. Said treatment should start in 3-4 weeks . X Lynn