Good days happen and sunrise trial

• 10 replies
  • 55 subscribers

Hello all, so results from 2nd TURBT no sign of any bad cells and still contained within the bladder. 20 weeks since initial diagnosis of high grade non invasive. how time flies. I have been offered a trail process which is called sunrise trial and is a mix of just BCG just chemo drug infused onto a coil inserted in the bladder via cyscotopy every three weeks and a mix of an immunotherapy drug and the chemo. Leaning towards signing up but I wont know which treatment I will get until the trial designates me a route. It's a stage 3 trial anybody had a similar offer?  I would like to take part if it helps develop an alternative to BCG. Thanks 

• Hi  . Not heard of the Sunrise Trial and can't find any earlier reference to it in the group. Sounds interesting though and hopefully  better way forward. I hope it goes well if you go ahead with it. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Please keep us informed as my circumstances are similar to yours. Thumbsup

• Hi Andy

I was offered to partake in trial yesterday,I’ve had one TURBT,results show non invasive but high grade cancer.

Like you I’m still wondering what to do for the best,notes suggest that screening takes 6 weeks and several visits and then you’re allocated one of the treatments(which could just be BCG anyway)whereas I could start with normal BCG next week,it’s the waiting that bothers me.Thanks.

• Yes I take your point I don't know yet how soon taking BCG would be over the trial starting. But I waited 16 weeks for a second TURBT and nothing had grown back. I like the idea of getting the chemo pretzel and the immunotherapy but as you say could end up with; BCG anyway I have two appointments with clinical staff this week so will keep posting

• It does sound interesting, will be keeping watch for your comments, I wonder if you can go on the trial when already in the bcg programme. Which hospital are you at that is offering the trial. 

• Bit of a knock back,  over 90 days since initial diagnosis so I'm not eligible for the trial wish I had not being told about it's merits in the first place tbh. So BCG flavour for me. The trial is available for some non BCG responsive  cases and I'm at hallamshire under noon and catto who seem world renowned hence the site being used I guess.. I,m a tad glass half empty at the mo and hope I'm ok with the BCG. Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory if seems.Thems the vagaries. . 

• Hi  . Bit of a disappointment that the trial fell through. BCG may feel like the second best but the treatment is well proven and successful in many cases . Best wishes going forward.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Thanks Not lost anything or owt as they say at the halllamshire just need to manage my own expectations better. Cheers

• Hi  

Sorry you’ve had this knock back, but hopefully you’ll do well on BCG. Just wanted to say that it was Jim Catto who removed my bladder at the Hallamshire, and yes, he is a world renowned urologist-I remember researching him when I had my surgery! Part of the team of 3 surgeons who saved my life, so I think you’ll be in very good hands.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Great hospital the Hallamshire. Remember it from my University days at Sheffield Uni. Happy days.