T3 diagnosis

• 7 replies
  • 50 subscribers

TURBT completed, biopsy resulted 3.5cm T3, offered 12 x BCG is this correct treatment plan?

• Hi . BCG is not normally used for T3 (muscle invasive). Could it be G3? Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Hi Rily thanks for your reply. Its definitely a T3 high grade, well consultant said it was and it had gone through the muscle and was in the fat surrounding the bladder. She then went on to say BCG immunotherapy treatment to start immediately, first course of 6 weekly treatments, followed by a 4 week break, followed by a further 6. In there were regular cystoscopys, and a dye examination. But I cannot find any reference to BCG for this grade of cancer. I'm concerned and will raise the question when I show up in the next day or two for my first treatment. Cheers.

• Hi again. Obviously we are not medics here and can only go on our own experiences, but from what I know, BCG treatment is generally used for non invasive bladder cancer. Muscle invasive usually means more advanced treatment. I was T3. I had a follow up TURBT, various scans, chemotherapy followed by chemoradiotherapy. Everyone is different though and have different treatments. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Hi Nartowboatguy,Welcome to this friendly group.I was T3b but went straight to bladder removal.There is plenty of support and advice on here.Best wishes Jane 

• Hi everyone, many thanks for your replies. So my BCG starts next Thursday, turns out I misheard the nurse who told me I had a G3, not a T3.  Little worried how about the side effects and how I'll cope with the treatment, otherwise keen to get treatment underway. Thanks everyone. Fingers crossed

• Hi,G3 is common but I’m glad you are not  T3.Best wishes for the BCG.Jane 

• I believe the NICE guidelines are that with that diagnosis you should be offered a choice of BCG or bladder removal. But it does seem that many consultants dictate BCG as first approach. The risks & benefits should be explained so that you can make an informed decision. Having said that, I get the impression that more people choose to try BCG first. Hope all goes well for you.