In for round 2 tomorrow

• 6 replies
  • 51 subscribers

So further to my last post and results, which were not too bad. I am in tomorrow for a second TURBT.

Hopefully this will all go well and should be simple as they are just after catching anything they missed and taking more biopsy bits.

As the initial CT had showed some thickening of bladder wall.

So they are double checking stuff really, which I feel good about.

Afternoon appointment, hope will be early on list and out same day fingers crossed. (Planning as if will be an overnight just in case)

Then a wait for results as per usual.

Hope everyone is feeling ok today on this wet Sunday.

Tomsk

• Hi Tomsk. I found the follow up TURBT a lot easier than the first. In and out in several hours. In the early days, I was also told I had thickening of the bladder wall, but it has never been mentioned since and has caused me no problems. I hope all goes well. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Thanks  I hope I have a similar experience to you.

• Good luck Tomsk,I hope it all goes smoothly.Best wishes Jane 

• Update: yesterday went well. In and out same day.

Apparently they are happy having taken more samples into the muscle.

No regrowth seen.

But have to wait for the biopsy results in a few weeks.

Will then know what is next. Either monitoring or round of chemo in bladder over 6 weeks.

NHS and staff all very helpful and kind.

Feeling ok.

Tomsk

• Hi Tomsk,I’m glad it went well.I hope you don’t have to wait too long for the results.Best wishes Jane

• I am being booked for similar, a second Turbt after having first on 11 July. Results worried me a, bit as grade 3 PT1 so a higher grade than I was hoping for but they said another Turbt necessary to go in and make sure they have it all. Then another wait for biopsies. I hope second one is OK but still worried about the outcome. He did mention maybe BCG as a plan afterwards.

It's all such a worry but got to try and get on with life and do what you can I supposes and try and stay positive. Just wish it was a grade 1 or 2.