New diagnosis

• 25 replies
  • 55 subscribers

Hi I’ve never posted on the internet before but I found this forum and know I will benefit from it. I first found a lump on 4/5/21 in my anus, I called the doctor the same day and have been having treatment for very painful haemorrhoids up until 4/11/21 when I finally saw the surgeon who examined me. I was put on a waiting list and after passing huge blood clots I was taken for biopsy. I had the results 2 days ago and have been diagnosed with anal cancer. I am seeing an oncologist next week and due to start chemoradiation  following a pep scan. It’s such a scary time, I am also worried about side effects as I have a 3 year old who I worry about seeing mummy ill. I’ve read on here some helpful tips for pain relief, I was wondering if anyone has continued to work through treatment and is it possible? Xx

• Haha Louise that’s amazing! I’ve just had an iron infusion but will look at getting something for that definitely. Looks like I’m going to Holland and Barrett Joy

• Blackpudding there are some really good tips on here from 1996 (Louise) a good summary. Hope that helps

• 1996 wow, did you take any of these while having treatment, only asking as when I had my chemo chat the other day I asked about taking vitamins, the chemo nurse told me if I want to take anything I have to bring it in and they will check to see if ok as some vitamins don’t help the chemos effectiveness x

• Hi Yeah your right, I’ve tried to look up on google for some of the vitamins that might affect the cemo, but to no avail.

So am just going to take ginger tablets, ( for sickness)  cranberry tablets, ( for Cystitis) and  COD liver oil ( have always taken this) will just take these whilst getting my cemo., will also check them with the nurse before I start my treatment on Monday. Don’t want to take anything that could compromise the treatments. Xx

• So you start your treatment  on Monday the 21st of Feb if so, so do I good luck and let’s hope we done have side effects like their saying is possible Face palm♀️