Recently diagnosed and awaiting treatment

• 26 replies
  • 55 subscribers

Hi, just wanted to say hello as everyone  on here seems really supportive. I’m 51 with two teenagers (16/14)

My recent diagnosis came completely out of the blue. End of January I had a change in bowel movement, blood in a stool, abdominal pain and a period (not having had one for a year)  I got a Dr’s appt early Feb and then was referred to hospital for various scans and a biopsy. The staff in the gynaecology department discovered it, well they could feel the tumour on that side. Its 10cm
It seemed to take a while for them to diagnose it and sometimes it was frustrating that it felt like everything was going so slowly. I’m guessing it’s because the NHS are under huge pressure. Anyway, I’m due to start two different types of chemo and a drug trial next week. 
I’m stage 4 as it’s spread to some lymph nodes and my liver (multiple lesions). 
So hard to get my head around how I’ve unknowingly got to such an advanced stage. My main focus is to stay strong and get through the treatment. I’m slightly apprehensive about it as stories in this groups seemed nixed about chemo and I’ll be having in once a week for 3 weeks then one week off. 
Any good news stage 4 stories. 

Many thanks 

• I didn't know Linzey but just wanted to give you my deepest condolences, I am so sorry for your loss.

Irene xx

• Thank you. Linzey fought a very courageous battle to the very end, she had so much to live for with her 3 boys, Noah, Seth and Eric and her husband John. She was living her dream but it was so cruelly taken from her by this horrible disease. We miss her every minute of every day and things will never be the same for any of us. X

• I'm just gutted to hear this. Thank you for coming to the forum and letting us know. I wasn't here for Linzey's original participation in this community, but I sure do feel her loss.

• As a mother myself I can't even begin to imagine the devastation you feel at the loss of your daughter, and of course, her family who must miss her so much.  You are all in my thoughts.

Irene xxx

• Hi Norma  , I’m so very sorry for your loss. Although we don’t often meet face to face in this community we do grow a strong bond through our shared diagnosis & feel the loss also when someone passes, I definitely do. I’ll remember her positivity above all. I can’t thank you enough in taking the time out from the overwhelming grief you must be feeling right now to let us know. Please know you’re in my thoughts & I’m so thankful I was able to be, if only virtually, a part of Linzey’s life. 

Nicola

• Thank you. I know Linzey spoke with some of you privately and for that I thank you. She was quite a private person but you all allowed her to speak from the heart and to ask questions she didn’t really want to think about and I know it helped her.  Take care. 
    Norma x