Fully-fledged!

• 5 replies
  • 51 subscribers

Hi everyone, 

After a speedy (0.2 mile an hour) 'sprint' to the loo on waking this morning I now feel that I am a fully- fledged member of the group!! Up until now I'd not had the joy of that experience and feel that I should ask my daughter to get me a lottery ticket as you know what 'they' say; s???? for luck and I certainly should get at least 4 numbers! In true female fashion in between shouting Oh my God with half a roll of toilet paper wedged between my excruciatingly sore buttocks I was worrying about my carpets. I live in an old house and the bathroom is a downstairs extension.. from my bedroom.. passage...stairs...landing...more stairs...dining room...kitchen  ..ahhh toilet and explosion!! One of my dilemmas was how to get my nightie off without getting a shamPOO (sorry lol). Believe it or not I was actually in fits of giggles because it was comical or maybe I was in shock. I've not had a good week! A&E on Friday with bleeding, phone calls to and from hospital with other very painful worrying post treatment problems. I'm now on triple the amount of morphine than I was a week ago but I am assured that I should start feeling improvement in a week or so and thankfully it hasn't affected my one- liner syndrom people would think that I was really ill if that happened! Xxx

• Welcome  to the secret part of this group for initiates only.  To become a senior secret member you have to have spent more time cleaning up your poo from the floor than it took to produce itWink

Sorry you’ve had a rough week, hope you’re over this phase soon & back to steady healing.  Two steps forward & one back, that’s typical healing...  xxx  Toni

• As you probably all know by now I bucked the trend & was constipated throughout & after treatment (never having suffered constipation in my life before this!!) in the 11 days following treatment things got pretty backed up & I could spend anything up to 3 hours in the loo passing peanuts & things as you all know are pretty sore down there so one day I’d just had enough (previously during a trip to A&E with burst stitches & bleeding following my resection the surgeon that saw me told me to up the softeners to anything up to 4 sachets a day) so I took this Dr’s advice & took the 4 sachets, wow oh wow I so know what you’re talking about when you use the word explosion!! I too used the wedge of loo roll & stayed in my bedroom for the rest of the day, next to the bathroom!! Having said that the feeling of being completely cleared out was amazing! Seriously though  I hope you’re feeling much better very soon. 

Nicola

• Hi Mecca, oh I am so sorry that you have to be a member of the 'flock!' Your post had me in stitches! I'm 15 months post treatment but oh, the memories. I would run as fast as I possibly could dripping poo everywhere with my saint of a husband behind with towels cleaning the floors, and bathroom walls - now there's a picture! My treatment "gifted" me with explosive 'lava flows' for awhile. I even had a time when the lava kinda did this out the Depend and up the dress before I could get to the toilet - fortunately the shower was right there and believe me the stupid dress went right into the garbage. What was I thinking wearing a dress anyway? Mostly I spent my treatment weeks and about a month after in nothing but soft sweatpants. You have my deep and understanding sympathies. Hang in there! Things will improve.

Choose Joy, always my best choice
  • OMG that's a long journey to the loo - hope you have a better week - I am just about out of the mad dash syndrome though did miss some on the toilet floor the other day!! It's a real bummer and a pain in the a*** isn't it..... so glad I'm through this - keep your pecker up it will improve soon.... slowly but you will get there!! X

• Waking with the urgency to get to the loo is an every day occurrence now but it's a good thing really as it's over and done with in moments, I don't spend excruciating times sitting trying and or woHeartbeatying when!! I take loperamide straight afterwards and except for once that has worked and so just have to worry about the weeing and weeping moments. I'll get there Heartbeatxxx