Dates for treatment received - currently struggling with pain

• 25 replies
  • 40 subscribers

Hi All,

I received a letter today to say my treatment so going to start on the 4th July, so at least I know now. The times for my treatment are often really early which concerns me as it’s over an hours travelling time to get to the hospital and my friends are taking me and I think this will make it difficult, is there any scope in the times being changed does anyone know?

I had a good day yesterday, virtually pain-free, but today I’ve been in lots of pain, it feels as though the cancer swells up and is trying for force itself out of my bottom! I’m taking oramorph, paracetamol and ibuprofen but still in pain, if anyone has any advice on how I can ease it I would very much appreciate it. I also, every few days,  bleed a bit from my bottom.

Virtual hugs, Adele. Xxx

• Oh no that's awful Heart️ ...as some of my tumour is hanging out my back passage (different GP told me 3 yrs ago it was a hemorrhoid! Flushed)  my current GP gave me Instillagel as soon as I went back to see her wouldn't have coped last 3 months trying to get a diagnosis otherwise xx

• Paddlegran

That's horrific and what is really alarming is that you certainly aren't the only person on here who was fobbed off by their doctor saying they had haemorrhoids.  And of course any doctor should be watching out for symptoms that raise alarm bells. Prior to diagnosis I couldn't have told you any of the things that I, as a layperson, have learned on the forum. I would escalate the matter with your surgery too, once the dust settles.

I hope that everything moves quickly for you now, Paddlegran. 

Irene xx

• Thank you, and I agree entirely but it wasn't my GP who failed me she pulled out all the stops 3 yrs ago! it was the hospital Doc who did my colonoscopy he told me I had a few haemorrhoids that weren't bad enough to be removed an to just use over the counter creams .

I of course who only usually needs to visit my GP once every 5-6 yrs left thinking I was making a fuss if not bad enough to remove and put up with this slowly getting worse till I could stand the pain no more, so yes a fight for after treatment but one I shall be having for sure xx

• Paddlegran

I am so very sorry you were so badly let down by the colonoscopy team.  I am astonished by the lack of care, but now that you have the bit between your teeth, I am pleased to hear that you are fighting your corner and getting all the treatment you need.  I hope you are dealing with a different department now...

Irene xx

• Hi Suz , 

hope all good with you across the pond ? 
    they are blasting the cysts same as the anal cancer but it’s so rare , I’m still not sure what they are doing .. my scary oncologist told me , no good going private or to USA as most consultants only see this once in lifetime .. I wish I could find out more ? This has knocked my confidence as they told me at Xmas , no cancer !!!

take care 

Chrissie xx