Very painful bottom

• 13 replies
  • 38 subscribers

I think I've asked before, but does anyone have any wonderful ideas on how to sit for any length of time, on a painful bottom? I'm not able to move around much, waiting for second hip replacement, but oh dear, my poor bum! It's 3 years since treatment but I can't sit for more than an hour or two without pain! Nothing looks abnormal, not even red but it hurts like crazy!

Moira x

• Moira, I have extremely tender skin since treatment but not to the degree that I suffer the pain you are going through.  Don't worry about moaning here - I moan as I am going upstairs and there is no one there to hear me, but my right hip in particular aches!

I think key to the inflatable ring is not to inflate it too much as Ozboz says - just enough to cushion slightly.

I really feel for you and hope it helps.

Irene xx

• Thank you Irene. I feel so much of a wimp at times, especially when I read so many letters from people on here bravely coping with much worse than a sore bum! Being virtually immobile at the moment doesn’t help but I got an appointment today for my pre operation assessment, so things are looking up!
       Moira x

• I feel you, I always feel like a wimp, always with the butt pain, but WE know what our poor butts have been through and we're dragged along with them, willy nilly. 

That's why this forum is so valuable. No one here looks at us with that 'Will she ever stop wittering on about this?' look.

And what we're wittering about  IS a lot more than just a sore bum. Our bums have been to hell and back!

Hugs

Suz