Itching

• 9 replies
  • 40 subscribers

Hi

i am 4 weeks post chemoradiation with anal pouch scc

i need advice re help with itching around my back end, it’s almost unbearable, has anyone else had this and what did they find effective in easing it? 
many tips very much appreciated 

• Hi ,

Firstly congratulations on completing your treatment. 

I found towards the end of treatment & just afterwards I literally sometimes felt as though I’d sat on an ants nest!! The only thing that eased it was antihistamines & loads of moisturising. Lots of people have found great relief with piriton or something similar. 

Hope that helps a little.

Nicola 

• Hi  the itching drives you mad doesn’t it. I still itch sometimes-20 months post treatment. Salt baths and sudacrem seem to help. The skin in that area remains sensitive and is prone to soreness and itching. Bev 

• I have  salt baths snd sudocrem, not helping at all Face palm tone3‍♀️

• I will go and have one now! I am desperate for anything to work xx

• Hi Sozza, I found cetrizine antihistamine helpful especially at night. Blinking itchy butt and bits is the last thing you need, it drove me bonkers. Hope they help as they did me xxx Marie 

• Hi Sozza, Yes, I found the itching completely unbearable!!! So annoying...and if/when I gave in and scratched a bit...then I had terrible pain. I did use ointment on the skin but it was inside also. Right? I didn't think to take an antihistimine and I wish I had!! Benadryl would surely help at least some! Nights were the worse, of course! It didn't last too long though. I hope you feel much, much better soon! Be well, Lynn

• Thanks Lynn, have found the piriton to be helping a lot, my sister is a therapeutic radiographer and she also recommended hydrocortisone cream as long as the skin is not broken, so fingers crossed 

Fingers crossed tone2 

• Hi ,

I’m so pleased that the piriton has eased things a bit for you, sometimes it’s the simplest of things that make the biggest difference isn’t it? this is another reason why I love this group, these little tips that filter down from those that have been there before us, the antihistamine was a revelation for me lol 

Nicola 

• Absolutely!! Thank you feel so much better now.