Over the half way mark

• 5 replies
  • 39 subscribers

Hi everyone, I just wanted to share that I am now over half way through my treatment! I thought I was having 33 treatments but it turns out 5 of them are reviews with my nurse. I am not needing the morphine as of one week as the pain where the AC is has eased significantly thus have a bit more energy and so doing a bit of housework and cooking I must empathize the word bit. My negatives are; horrible horrible taste in my mouth and weird aura of the Radiotherapy room hanging around me! My bum, girly bits and pelvic area are getting very sore which is making me feel anxious about how bad it is going to get carrying forward. My mouth is still a bit sore but a new mouthwash given to me by my nurse; Caphosol is helping very much. Ohhh and I don't need to do my bikini line anymore (blush) xxxx

• Hi ,

Great to hear you’re already halfway there, that your tumour pain has reduced & that you’re finding you’re able to do more even if it’s only a ‘bit’, all of these bits add up & to be finding positives at this stage in your treatment is great. The soreness is something that with the help of your radiotherapy/oncology team can be managed & once your symptoms peak you’ll find that healing happens pretty quickly in the majority of cases. I’m pleased that the new mouthwash seems to be helping, the bikini line thing is a positive too but unfortunately it doesn’t last once treatment is over lol… I hope this week goes quickly & smoothly for you. 

Nicola

• How amazing are u I’m absolutely thrilled to be hearing this from you !! My treatment starts Monday having some very up and down days extremely emotional ! I had a pet scan on Thursdays really don’t want to know the results even though my nurse said it’s only for the planning . They’ve had to wait this long because of my stoma !! Who I must say has been amazing .. forget i have it !!!! Congratulations sooooo proud of you Xxxxxxxxxxx

• That’s good news  you’ll be over and done with treatment before you know it and on the road to recovery. I lost my pubic hair but I wasn’t bothered. It did grow back but a bit sparser than before which I wasn’t bothered about at all! Bev x

• Hi  just want to wish you all the best for treatment, I remember I couldn’t wait to start treatment and get the Big C blasted into oblivion! Hope all goes well. Bev x

• Hi ,

If Thursdays scan was just your planning scan you shouldn’t get any feedback from it I wouldn’t have thought. Great to hear ‘Louie’ is still behaving himself, you’ve approached your stoma with such positivity that I’m sure that’s had a bearing on how it’s behaving. Wishing you all the luck in the world for next Monday, you’re bound to feeling emotional now, it’s completely natural, but I’m sure you’ll deal with treatment the way you’ve dealt with everything else so far. I’ll be thinking of you. 

Nicola