Just started my blog of the cancer dragon

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 36 subscribers

just letting you know that I have finally started my blog of the cancer dragon and the steampunk cats. I’m very nervous of starting it. But I’m more of an artist than writer, so It’s going to be illustrated too. I included my first sketch. 

Also yesterday I went to my first training at a local out of the way church where all of us who wants to help the homeless are going to be trained. On the whole I could follow it but due to my deafness it was difficult. There were a few people I knew. There was a great deal of interaction and joining together. A water game, learning how to set up the beds, groups discussions on certain situations and how we would respond etc. It’s was very interesting even if they might not pick me. 

But I was self conscious. I knew I was around fit and healthy would be volunteers and I had to start thinking of them. I do not know how much time I have left, an terminal illness and that it wouldn’t be fair or safe if they were kept in the dark. Plus the fact they had a right to allowed to make a decision as to whether they would be comfortable with me along side. Also they may feel resentful as they might think they have the burden of carrying me. 

I had to think fair. I sent an email to the Rev of the main church about the above. Also I need two references. One was okay but the other is blank as nobody wants the responsibility of making a reference for someone with a terminal illness. So my chances are not good. 

But I did make it clear that while I am able, I want one last chance of being useful, helping others etc while I can. Then I want to be able to smile and say “I did my best and I hoped I didn’t waste it”!

i really cannot see them agreeing to me being a volunteer but at least I can say I, unlike a lot of people who just sit on their bums doing nothing, that I still walked five miles to that church and did it. The rest is up to them. 

I am now going to get on with my housework and feed my cats. Tomorrow I have to see my mum and all that travelling to her. 

Thanks.

• JackD, I am Truly moved by your Courage and Humility. I look forward to your Blog and I know you will be a Blessing to the homeless and all who come in contact You.

May God Bless and be with you Jack PrayHeartRaised hands

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Amazing Grace

Thanks. I more or less hide behind my artwork.  I’m going to start doing my dragon tonight. First of all I’ve got to feed my cats. They like playing with the cat apps on my computer.