Finished my treatment

• 55 replies
  • 34 subscribers

Hi everyone Wave . I am pleased to announce that yesterday I finished my treatments Pray I'm over the blinking moon. I didn't ring THE bell but I said I'd sneak in and swing on it like quasimodo when I get the 'all clear'. Although I've hit a major milestone and I am truly elated boy oh boy am I suffering! All of my 'undercarriage' feels like it's been ran over by a truck and then blow torched and was told yesterday that it will get much worse over the next 10 - 14 days! I'm now bedridden on morphine every 2 hours plus paracetamol, ibuprofen and flamazine mixed 50/50 with cathejell on the rare occasions that I am actually awake which is only to do my John Wayne walking impression to the loo followed by sounds of a tortured 1970s horror movie victim. My nurse told me that sleeping a lot isn't a bad thing but to put alarms into my phone so that I'm drinking and eating as I get very dehydrated. I was given polymem dressings for my groin area (knicker elastic area) but I can't remember if I put the cream on first (morphine brain). Does anyone here have asthma and did the treatment make it worse? Today I am going to try and stay awake long enough to read some of my detective book, it's about a serial killer so that should cheer me up lol. Xxx

• Hi 

Not long to go now although if you’re feeling the full effects I know it must still feel a way away!… Oooooh the Kentucky fried lady bits I remember so well, it felt like I’d sat on a nest of red ants that had been set on fire!! Thank the lord for piriton & pain relief!!  I’m pleased you’re being well looked after & yes why not go with the full attitude cap & all & the pearls will be an edgy touch lol… I think most of us have had those times where we’ve sat & cried, for me especially once treatment had finished it was an a culmination of relief that it was finished, fatigue & the peak of the side effects. I was at my best in a salt bath or in bed/sofa watching something trashy on Netflix, either that or sleeping! I really hope the next 8 sessions pass quickly for you. 

Nicola 

• Hi Nikki65, this post was from a while ago that I didn't send properly so somehow it's posted with my new one....

• No more daily hospital visits - congrats on this huge milestone!  Hope you’ll feel up to celebrating it soon, it made a big difference to me even though I was also going through a rough time.

One unexpected side effect I had after losing my appetite for several months is I’m still struggling to put the weight back on - despite eating & exercising as much as I can, I’m just under the minimum recommended BMI.

Hope you enjoy your bookBlush  xx  Toni 

• I lost a stone in weight before I started my treatment but during I ate high calorie foods that I fancied which kept my weight on an even kiehl but I'm not really fancying anything at the moment but because  I was able to keep it stable I should be okay as long as I eat bits but often. I'm so glad you're getting to do some normal stuff now. I'm looking forward to going for a walk in the sunshine,Slight smileetting back to my job that I love and having a lovely ice cold alcoholic drink in a long glass with condensation running down the sides in a beer garden Slight smile. I have a big birthday coming on the 1st of July so I'm hoping to be on top form to be able to celebrate in style with family and friends. Xxx

•  Eating little but often is usually good advice but for some reason it doesn’t work for me.  You did well to keep stable during treatment!

I have wholemeal toast for breakfast (home made), a big veggie stir fry with pitta for lunch, & something home made, usually out of the freezer, for supper.  I try to snack between meals but there’s often no more room in my tummy

Maybe my new normal is 9’ish stone instead of 10.5 - 11?  I’m 5’10”.  None of my trousers fit any more.  And if that’s the worst that life throws at me, I’ll be one very lucky yuman beanJoy

Hope you get to celebrate your birthday in style.  I drooled a bit at your poetic description of an alcoholic drink even though I seldom touch alcohol - but I plead guilty to adding cherry brandy to my cherry & almond crumble lol  xxx  Toni

• Ooo sounds delicious, I love a good crumble my favourite is bilberrie but haven't had it for years. Maybe I should put that on my to do list when I get over the worst. Maybe slip the odd fresh creamDancerake into your diet that's what I was fancying but you might find that your metabolism has changed and burns off the calories quickly. Anyway sounds like a supermodel figure Dancer. Xxx

• Ooops ok , good to hear you’re all done though, one day soon you’ll wake up & feel like you’ve turned a corner I’m sure, then your healing will begin. Hopefully you’ll find the fatigue is a little less each day & you can get more of your book read! 

Nicola

• Hey Mecca, you did it ! cor isn't it good not to have to take those awful tablets any more and hanging around for hours at the hospital until your bladder is the perfect size.

I'm on day 9 after now, still really effing sore and feeling sore inside too but somehow willing myself to heal, i had a short walk yesterday, and will go out again today.   I might try the piriton for itching, some people say it helped.

It is so consuming, the soreness, its hard to even read a book, I found playing scrabble with friends online was a new thing that helped.

Well, sending you the very best wishes,

Sarah

• ps, force yourself to drink, the more you drink the less it hurts, and you wash all the badness out.

I must be the only person that has put on weight during this ! probably because i'm not busy decorating, gardening, stonecarving etc. I'm a bit scared about going back to normal, I had a dream I was putting on a show with loads of staff in a huge empty supermarket but had misjudged the run up time and it was opening tomorrow and all i had were some scribbles on a napkin, nothing was anywhere near ready !   silly sausage.

• Thank you, thank you, aIm going through hell, someone has a blow torch on my lady bits too and it really hurts when I pee! I spent all day yesterday in bed so my family didn't see  the tears! I have one more session to go and the thought of it getting worse kills me, CAN get worse, terrified me! But all of you lovely, supportive people are going me so much strength, I'll get through it! I'm like you Mecca, I'll ring that beautiful bell when I get the all clear! Once I can have an alcoholic drink, I'll raise a glass and toast you all!

Moira x.  Three