In shock diagnosis suspected leukemic cells seen

• 1 reply
  • 4 subscribers

Hello.ive had such a shock this weekend  my son has suspected acute lymphoblastic leukemia. He has had a blood transfusion and he is 19.we are waiting for ct scan and fluid from his bone marrow to confirm this diagnosis. Anyone got any comforting messages.my World feels crushed 

• Hi again  sorry to h at that its looks like your son has ALL…… and this is on top of your husband with HCL.

Let’s look for group members to pick up on your post.

You may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support or just a listening ear.

For good information do check out Leukaemia Care UK who produce very good information and run various support platforms including their Buddy Scheme, they also have a Support Line on 08088 010 444

You may also want to check to see if you have a Maggie's Centre in your area as these folks are amazing and most centres do run monthly Heamatology Support Groups….. the one I attend does have a person with ALL in it so worth checking.

Always around to help more or just to chat

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge