Tenerife Trip

• 14 replies
  • 23 subscribers

I have Myelofibrosis diagnosed: 01/11/22. Prognosis 6 years +/-

Trying to get to Tenerife in about 6 weeks any suggestions for travel insurance would be appreciated.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It can be more difficult to get travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis but there are plenty of people, including myself, in this forum who have been successful.

Have you had chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet, as that's where the majority of recommendations are? If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. As there are lots of recommendations, it's probably best to make a list before starting to phone around.

Do come back and let us know how you get on and I hope you have a lovely holiday.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Latchbrook,

thanks for your response, I have looked but all the posts seem to be 5 years old.

I may be doing something wrong? It says discussion locked.

• Hi  

The original thread started 5 years ago and has been locked so no more recommendations can be added. However, the recommendations are still valid Slight smile

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply and for your help

• Cantina I have posted on there recently, gave some suggestions for a travel insurance company called insurefor.com. I also have a list I can PM you if you with. 

• Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply, we have managed to get single trip insurance cover from goodtogo insurance.Thanks, again.

• Hi  

I've noticed that you have been offering most people who have come to this forum "a list" of travel insurance companies that you have personally used if they privately message you.

It would be really helpful if you could share these recommendations generally within the group, as lots of people come here looking for recommendations but don't necessarily post a message that you could reply to.

Anne

Community Champion Badge

• Latchbrook happy to share the list of recommended travel insurance companies I have. It was given to me by a charity who deal with people who have had cancer. Anyone can ask me for a copy and happy to let them have the list if they want. Or do you mean you want me to list them here?

• Hi  

Yes, I meant that you could share your list in the forum.

However as the online community guidelines only allow the sharing of information, whether that's medical or in this case travel insurance companies, if you have personal experience you must have used the companies on your list yourself. This applies to whether you list them here or send them through a private message.

Anne

Community Champion Badge

• Hi there Fab123

Please may I have a copy of the travel insurance companies, I have been trawling the internet for days and only managed to get one company that would quote me and that is for nearly £5000!!