Tenerife Trip

• 14 replies
  • 23 subscribers

I have Myelofibrosis diagnosed: 01/11/22. Prognosis 6 years +/-

Trying to get to Tenerife in about 6 weeks any suggestions for travel insurance would be appreciated.

• I’ve sent you a friend request.

• Latchbrook, I was given the list by a cancer care charity which I belong to and who helped me get through cancer, and all of them on the list have been personally recommended by this charity’s cancer clients. I have only used one of them on this list myself, after phoning each one to see which was best for me. So there is only one on the list I have personally used myself. Now it seems from your comment I can only recommend only those that I have used personally, so will only mention here that company and not send list individually to people.

I am currently using insurefor.com who I have found to be the most reasonable in price. Hope that clears up any confusion, I was just trying to help others.

• Unfortunately, that's right  that you can only recommend companies that you have used yourself Disappointed

We did originally have a list in this forum but a travel insurance company complained that as Macmillan are not regulated to give insurance advice this contravened some legislation or other. The list had to be removed and instead, anyone who had a recommendation was invited to add it to the 'recommended travel insurance' thread as then no laws were being broken by Macmillan.

It's a sad state of affairs when Macmillan, who are only trying to help others, get treated in this way. The ironic thing was that the insurance company in question were on the list!

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"