Exclusions

• 3 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Has anyone been offered reasonable travel insurance which excludes cover for their cancer?

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I haven't asked for travel insurance which excludes the cancer I've had and I hope you don't mind me asking why you are thinking of doing this.

If it's because you've had high quotes you might want to take a look at this thread as it's where we try and keep all the recommendations for reasonably priced travel insurance companies. You might also want to look at this thread as it includes a link to a Travel Insurance Directory. 

Most people recommend that it's best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also, sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

If you do find a company that will exclude your cancer diagnosis, you do need to bear in mind that in the event of a claim, the insurance company will not pay out if they can find any link between what you are claiming for and your cancer diagnosis. For example, you fall and break a bone and if this is found to have been caused by the cancer or your treatment, they may not pay out.

Do come back and let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you, very useful. Yes I was just trying to see if there was a more cost effective option but I agree it is likely to impact any treatment so probably not worth pursuing.

• There are plenty of companies out there who will cover you including your cancer. If you look at my profile you'll see that I was diagnosed with melanoma 6 years ago and breast cancer last year. I've just had what I consider to be a good quote from goodtogoinsurance.com that covers both of these cancer diagnoses.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"