Affordable travel insurance

• 10 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Can anyone recommend travel insurance for someone with stage 4 prostate cancer spread to bones. It has to be affordable. 

• Hi I rang round lots of places and quite a lot wouldn’t even insure me. insureandgo did give me insurance but it isn’t cheap. Just travel May insure you, they wouldn’t insure me as my diagnosis is relatively recent but maybe you will be ok. 
    good luck and don’t give in Blush

• Thank you, I'll give them a go

• Hi  

I don't know if you've got your insurance arranged yet but, if not, have you had chance to look at the recommendations in the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet? If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. You might also want to look at this thread as it includes a link to a Travel Insurance Directory. 

Most people recommend that it's best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also, sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Do come back and let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you for this. I will have a look.

• Hi LizP.  Did you get sorted? My dad is in a very similar position and we are trying to get travel insurance fir a trip in 2 weeks.   He has been quoted £1900 fir annual cover abd £1800 for 2 weeks!

• Hi I tried All Clear and they quoted £3044 for an annual policy. Crazy money!! I then tried Insurance with.com and they quoted me £349 for an annual policy for Europe 3 (Spain etc) and £666 for Worldwide 2 (to include Cyprus, Turkey etc). phone them rather than online. Good luck.

• Hello everyone.  I just wanted to post a HUGE thank you for the recommendations made on this thread!

I too was denied insurance shortly after I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Prostate Cancer, as it was too recent. Almost a year has gone by since my initial diagnosis.  My PSA has dropped from an initial 213 to 0.73 as of last week - I am on Hormone meds, but not Chemo.

My Step-Son will be getting married in Hungary next year.  I would love to attend, but feared the Insurance cost would be prohibitive.  Yesterday, I tried one of the companies mentioned in this thread: insurancewith.com

It takes a while to complete the application on-line, particularly as I’m on so many Meds for Cancer, Type 2 Diabetes and High Blood Pressure; but the site is clear, very straightforward and easy to follow.

I was pleasantly surprised to get a quote of £34.56 for 7 days to Hungary.  I wondered how much an Annual policy would cost, including Cruise cover - £251.19

We’re now booked on a 19 day Cruise, sailing from Southampton around the Med - Wow, I never thought we’d be doing this 11 months ago!

So, thank you so much for the recommendation!

Best wishes all Heart

Mark T

• Brilliant I always use them.  I think I’ve recommended them on here before. The company was started by a woman who had breast  cancer and could not get insurance anywhere. She’s tailored the insurance for people with all differed cancers and tailored especially for your personal circumstances.

Cath

• Hi Mark delighted you got sorted now go and enjoy your holidays