Travel Insurance Quote

• 4 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Hi All newbie here my husband has throat cancer and I've been trying to get Travel Insurance to visit America for 2 weeks next Feb, I have only found 1 who would quote which was AllClear and the lowest quote was £3800 which is more than the holiday for the 2 of us, is this right?

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

A trip to America sounds great but, unfortunately as you've found, it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when there's been a cancer diagnosis.

I have no idea whether the quote you've been given by AllClear is right or not as it's based on so many factors, eg. how long your husband has had cancer, if he's finished treatment, whether it's spread or not, etc, etc. However, I would imagine that the fact you're thinking about going to America will be a significant factor in the cost as medical costs there can be very high.

Have you had chance to look at the recommendations in the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet? If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. You might also want to look at this thread as it includes a link to a Travel Insurance Directory. 

Most people recommend that it's best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also, sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Do come back and let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Latchbrook thank you, my husband is having immunotherapy once every six weeks for Squamous Cell Carcinoma so thought a break would be good for him, hospital very happy for him to go, but think it may not happen as those costs

• Do try some of the companies recommended in this group as lots of people on treatment have been able to find reasonably priced insurance.

An alternative would be to look to see how much insurance might be to somewhere in Europe instead. Places like Southern Spain are still warm in February.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I've just been quoted on good to go insurance under £400 thank you so much for sending me that way