Travelling to the World Cup

• 1 reply
  • 19 subscribers

Afternoon everyone. I'm new to this site, so thanks for being here.

I have searched the recommended Insurance Companies for Cancer Patients and was just wondering, before I waste hours phoning numerous Companies, whether there is a consensus of opinion as to the most favourable one to use, bearing in mind cost and actually agreeing to Insure you.

Insure Cancer appears to say they will insure anyone with Cancer, but at what price?

Also, my Oncologist is not the most accommodating person in the world and I understand that most Companies would require a letter from her, stating I am fit to Travel. Can I insist on this or are there Companies who do not ask for one?

I Cycled to Amsterdam for Football to Amsterdam recently and no-one was prepared to cover me. As I'm hopefully going for longer than that this time (?), I really would prefer to be fully covered.

Any previous experiences anyone has had, would be most welcome.

TIA

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Going to the World Cup sounds like a fantastic trip but, unfortunately, it can be more difficult to get travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis.

I don't think you'll be able to find out which company is the most "favourable" as there are so many variables when a cancer diagnosis and treatment is involved. Someone might recommend a certain company that they felt gave them a good price and the next person might try them only to find that they're declined. 

The same goes when asking what price Insure Cancer is likely to be. It will depend on so many factors, including where you're going on holiday and your own personal details like age, etc that it would be impossible for any of us here to know.

I know that sitting down and trawling through them all is a pain but it's the only way to find out which one is the most suitable for you. Most people recommend that it's best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Do come back and let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"