Holiday in UK. Insurance cover in case of cancellation

• 1 reply
  • 20 subscribers

We may end up not going if my husband is too unwell (stage 4 CUP) and as our holiday is in the UK we are only concerned about insurance in case we cancel. And not lose the cost of the holiday. We don’t need medical cover etc which the travel insurers offer. The only on line quote I got was more than the holiday cost! Any tips on a company that covers cancellation due to illness rather than the full travel insurance package. Thanks so much x

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm not aware specifically of travel insurance companies that allow you to remove elements of cover but can I point you in the direction of the 'recommended travel insurance' thread, as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. You might also want to look at this thread as it includes a link to a Travel Insurance Directory. 

Most people recommend that it's best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. It would also give you the opportunity to ask at the start if they can provide cancellation only cover.

Do come back and let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"