Secondary BC - Bone mets stage 4- stable

• 4 replies
  • 21 subscribers

Hello,

I was diagnosed with BC in January 2022, had a bilateral Mastectomy (BRCA2 pos) & lymp node biopsy, later found out cancer had spread to my spine & pelvis. I am on targeted therapy, which will be ongoing.

No chemo or radio therapy. 

Has anyone travelled recently with a similar diagnosis? I am hoping to go to Italy to visit my in-laws at the end of July with my husband and 2 children.

Can anyone suggest insurance companies they might have found a fair deal with?

Thank you

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

A holiday to Italy sounds lovely but, unfortunately, it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis.

Have you had a chance to look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread yet as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are? Clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. You might also want to look at this thread as it includes a link to a Travel Insurance Directory. 

Most people recommend that it's best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Let us know how you get on 

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi scribbleandtweak

My mum has a similar diagnosis and is on herceptin, we are really struggling to find travel insurance for 10 days in Tenerife. Cheapest so far is £1600. have you managed to find a fair deal?

Thanks

• Hi,

I managed to find a really good deal through another charity website called 'Make 2nds count' , there was a link to an insurance company, "Insurance with", my policy was only £44 for myself and my family (husband, son, daughter both under 8). We only wanted to cover flights and general health etc because we are staying with family. I would definitely recommend them but phone them. The lady I spoke to was lovely. We are like you staying for 10 days in Italy over summer. Try them, its worth a go! I hope you manage to get away and enjoy your time together.

I hope this helps.

Claire

• Well my mum and dad have managed to get insurance e to tenerife for £250 so she is well happy and we can get away. Thanks for the suggestion and have a lo Ely time in Italy

X