Cuba travel insurance

• 2 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Hi all, 

I'm looking for travel insurance possibilities for a holiday to Cuba.  My partner will be 40 next year and would love to go, he's been an absolute rock this past year and I'd love for us to go, but struggling to find insurance at a reasonable price.  

I have no follicular lymphoma, in full remission and undergoing maintenance rituximab.  I will have finished this completely 3 weeks before travel.  So far most quotes are between £500-£1000 for 2 weeks. Medical coverage is a requirement of entry so this is really putting our holiday plans at risk.  Does anyone have any suggestions? 

Thanks, Rach Blush

• Hi

A holiday to Cuba sounds lovely but unfortunately it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis.

I don't know if you've had chance to look through the recommended travel insurance thread yet, as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. You might also want to look at this thread as it includes a link to a Travel Insurance Directory.

Most people here say that it's best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

I do hope that you can find some reasonably priced travel insurance so that you can book your planned holiday.

Do come back and let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you,  I'll give those a try and let you know Blush