Help needed to find travel insurance please

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 18 subscribers

5 weeks ago I had a hysterectomy which removed all my uterine cancer. As yet have had no further treatment but am likely to have some in the next month or two. I have booked to spend 10 days on a holiday in North West Spain in September. The only quote I can find is for £1584! I will be 71 when i travel. So I would be grateful for any tips about insurance companies who may provide reasonable cover for me. Thank you so much.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi sueincrete

sorry to hear you have had to have surgery but hopefully all will be well now. Did you take out Insurance when you booked your holiday? If so you will be covered.

In my experience if you are waiting to have further treatment it will increase your premiums. So options are wait till after your treatment has finished and then get insurance and the nearer you are to travel then the costs do come down.

There is a thread titled, Recommend Travel Insurance which will list all the different companies that have been found to be reasonable. As you are in holidaying in Europe you may find Eurotunnel a good option. I personally use insurancewith.com

Its always best to phone the companies direct as website are not always very helpful 

Good luck