This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Recommended Travel Insurance

• 250 replies
  • 130 subscribers

Hi everyone

As it can be time consuming looking through existing posts for travel insurance recommendations I thought it'd be a good idea to try and keep all recommendations in one place.

With that in mind I thought I'd ask that when you've found an insurance company that provided you with cover at a reasonable cost you posted that recommendation here.

If you could put a little bit of additional information eg. whether you got single trip or annual, cover for a cruise, worldwide, etc along with anything else that you think others would find helpful when they are researching that would be great.

All the recommendations come from community members and are not recommendations from Macmillan. Please make sure you do your own research as to whether they are suitable for you.

x

• Hi Mark, 

I am very pleased that you found cheap travel insurance with Insurancewith.com.

I have also been given a good quote , even though I have advanced secondary breast cancer.

They have quoted £93 for 2 weeks anywhere in Europe upto 31days in Spring or Summer. We will probably go to Italy.

The woman I talked to was very helpful and took all my medical details over the phone which took a while but was,better than doing it online. 

The quote is very reasonable considering other people have paid hundreds. 

I will also be adding my husbands details to this company even though he does,not have cancer.

Susie Q

• Hi I got one year Europe including winter sports for family for £155 with staysure breast cancer spread to lymph nodes 

• Also can anyone recommend insurance for the US

• Hi  

That's great to read that you were able to get insurance through Staysure for European holidays. Will they not cover you for the US?

I don't think there are any insurance companies that are good specifically for the US, so my best advice is to ring round the ones that have been recommended in this thread as they may be able to quote you.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi yes they can insure for us but price goes up dramatically 

• Hi Rehead1

Have you tried insurancewith?  As mentioned above they are very good, and they covered my husband with stage 4 prostate cancer on our recent trips to Cuba and Mexico.  Two weeks in Cuba was £256 for platinum cover with added covid protection for both of us (I also have a blood disorder and previous DVT to add in!) The more recent trip to Mexico was quite a bit more than Cuba but I'm not sure if that was just because pretty much everything is going up!

• Hi am going to have a look thanks

• Hi everyone, 

To help make it easier to find more recent Travel insurance recommendations, we have set up a new thread which you can comment on by clicking the link below.

We will close this discussion thread now so if you would like to add ask questions or share your experience with getting travel insurance, please go to the 'recommended travel insurance 2023' discussion. 

If you have any questions or need any help using the Online Community, please email community@macmillan.org.uk

Best wishes, 

Macmillan's Online Community team

Best wishes, 

Megan

Best wishes, 

Megan