This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Recommended Travel Insurance

• 250 replies
  • 130 subscribers

Hi everyone

As it can be time consuming looking through existing posts for travel insurance recommendations I thought it'd be a good idea to try and keep all recommendations in one place.

With that in mind I thought I'd ask that when you've found an insurance company that provided you with cover at a reasonable cost you posted that recommendation here.

If you could put a little bit of additional information eg. whether you got single trip or annual, cover for a cruise, worldwide, etc along with anything else that you think others would find helpful when they are researching that would be great.

All the recommendations come from community members and are not recommendations from Macmillan. Please make sure you do your own research as to whether they are suitable for you.

x

• Hi Chelle- Thanks for the useful information about travel insurance quotes. 

• Thank you I will.

All the best.

• Hi all I just got a reasonable quote from oktotravelinsurance.co.uk which was half the price of the others that I tried,  Good luck to you all. 

• I've just used Insurancewith and they were 90% cheaper than anyone else!

• Hi! Great news about Insurancewith. I have recently been recommended this company as it was started by a woman with breast cancer. 

I feel so much more positive about booking a holiday abroad.

• Well done. Currently I am having a problem with a policy from Insurancewith, in February I booked a Carribean cruise 31st Dec 2022 to 15Jan 2023, and took out a travel insurance policy with Insurancewith for £550. However on the 1st November 2022 it was necessary for me to have a replacement left Knee, I informed Insurancewith who cancelled the policy saying that because I had a general anaesthetic I had to wait 6 weeks (19th Dec) to see if they would reinsure me, I complained and they re-ran my details and told me that they thought the computer would say YES but could not guarantee that it would. There is also another possible problem since I took out the policy in March I have had birthday, 80th. As a back-up I contacted the British Insurance Brokers, and only one of their members would insure me at a cost of £4630. P&O will not allow my travel partner and I to move the cruise date, if we cancel we loose our, money, and I cannot claim as I do not now have any travel insurance.  Any advise/help much appreciated. 

Regards.

Ken W   

KenW

• Re My reply message just spoken to oktotravelinsurance.co.uk, they will not insure me because I am traveling to the Caribbean. Any further suggestions.

Regards.

KenW 

KenW

• Hi 

can you advise me only just joined this group I had breast cancer 2 1/2 years ago and struggling to get holidays insurance can you or anyone put me onto anyone please 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Unfortunately, as you've found, it can be more difficult to find travel insurance when you've had cancer.

Have you had chance to look at the recommendations in this thread yet as this is where the majority of recommendations are. You might also want to look at this thread as it includes a link to a Travel Insurance Directory. 

Most people recommend that it's best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also, sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Do come back and let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hello everyone.  

Following a recommendation made in another thread, I have now taken out VERY affordable Insurance with: insurancewith.com

I was denied insurance shortly after I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Prostate Cancer, as it was too recent. Almost a year has gone by since my initial diagnosis.  My PSA has dropped from an initial 213 to 0.73 as of last week - I am on Hormone meds, but not Chemo.

My Son-in-law will be getting married in Hungary next year.  I would love to attend, but feared the Insurance cost would be prohibitive.  Yesterday, I tried one of the companies mentioned in another thread: insurancewith.com

It takes a while to complete the application on-line, particularly as I’m on so many Meds for Cancer, Type 2 Diabetes and High Blood Pressure; but the site is clear, very straightforward and easy to follow.

I was pleasantly surprised to get a quote of £34.56 for 7 days to Hungary.  I wondered how much an Annual policy would cost, including Cruise cover - £251.19

We’re now booked on a 19 day Cruise, sailing from Southampton around the Med - Wow, I never thought we’d be doing this 11 months ago!

So, thank you so much for the recommendation, and maybe this company will help you too!

Best wishes all Heart️

Mark T