I’m angry

• 1 reply
  • 19 subscribers
  • Somehow I feel I’m  responsible for my husbands prostate cance. My mother I m law (whose husband, brother in law and father in law all had it) was badgering him to have test and it took him ages. Then of course it was out of control. He blames his GP. I feel I’m stuck with the consequences. He can’t walk. I’ve given up work to support him. Don’t get me wrong. He’s Appreciative. I love him. He won’t read his own reports. But I’m the one who gives the bad news. How do we keep my own sanity while supporting him

m

• Hi  that sounds like a really difficult situation for you. I’ve not experienced such a situation personally but I wonder if it’s worth you having a chat with the GP to see if they can help a little more?

Also, and I hope you don’t mind me saying, maybe make sure you’re getting enough time for you. We all need a little bit of “refresh” time to be able to function effectively and I hope you have a good support network of others that can share with burden occasionally to give you the time to recharge your batteries.

best wishes

Community Champion badge