Mum diagnosed 2 days ago, already terminal

• 5 replies
  • 22 subscribers

Hi,

I can't believe I am here!  On Friday (2 days ago) the dr told us that my mum has widespread advanced cancer, and there is nothing they can do.  They say it may be months but could only be weeks.

I just can't believe it.  She went into hospital with deranged routine blood tests and they found a 14cm ovarian mass by accident when looking at her liver!  This is malignant and is also a secondary cancer.

She is still in an acute medical ward.  She is being referred to the Palliative Team.  She wants home but has no mobility now so needs a full package of care.  

Any advice on how to help get her home and settled greatly appreciated.

Love to all.  What an awful place we are in.

xxxx

• So sorry to hear this, we are in a similar situation, ask the palliative team in regards to how to make this possible. They arranged for a hospital bed and other aids, they are brilliant. It was all arranged and delivered in a few days! 
    sending love to you all xxx

• I’ve just found out today mums got canser nothing they can do for her it’s terminal I feel lost don’t know how to feel what to do what to say

• I’m so sorry, I am in the same situation with my mam who had a terminal brain cancer diagnosis 2days ago & is on a medical unit too with a palliative nurse who’s attitude stinks tbh. 
    I hope you get all the support you need for home discharge asap. 
    Take care x

• We are now 7 days since diagnosis and we've still never even seen palliative team.  Disgusting way to treat people.

Sorry for your news xxx

• I’m so sorry, thinking of you & I hope your mam will be as comfortable as possible. 
    The nurses are excellent on mam’s ward. 
    Try to look after yourself as best you can & I’m sending my love xx