Pantaprazole

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 9 subscribers

Anyone on pantaprazole for more than a year? I'm wondering if it could be the cause of some of my lasting issues.

• Hi Alissa, I am on Lansoprazole which is another PPI drug in the same class as Pantoprszole. It’s coming up to 4 years now since I started taking it and have no issues with it. I take a 30mg capsule am & pm daily. 

At the start it was not doing any good and it was making me feel sickly....... but I quickly found out that I was taking it wrongly..... it must be taken 2hrs before or after food with lots of water.

The main reason I am still taking it and may well be for a long time is that after I had the Melphalan  I was violently sick and this resulted in developing what my consultant said was "The most impressive Hiatus Hernia".

As it’s not ‘sticking out’ and has found space inside me they just don’t want to touch it and it does not give me any pain only reflux issues but the Lansoprazole does the job.

((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Ah, yes, that makes sense. Since i posted this i adked my dr why I'm on it, since i never had acid reflux, just horrible nausea, which isn't even what the rx is for. He said i could stop taking it. So, one less drug for me! 15 to go.