Travel

• 1 reply
  • 10 subscribers

Travel insurance 

• Hi , i see it's your first post so welcome.

Getting affordable Travel Insurance can be a challenge and at times the price could be higher than the cost of the holiday. I had to be 2 years in remission (that was 3 years after my second Stem Cell Transplant) to get a price that was not expensive.

Comparison sites tend to use the same information filter systems so getting a clear price can be difficult. It’s always best to call a few insurers directly as this means that you have answered all the questions correctly and with this a suitable policy can be offered and price given.

Full disclosure is always advisable as in the event of you developing any issues we know well that insurance companies are good at wriggling out from paying out.

It’s important that your clinical team say you are fit to travel and get them to record this on your records…… and some insurance companies may ask for a letter from your consultant.

Have a look through the 'recommended travel insurance' thread in our Travel insurance group as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. Clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. You might also want to look at this thread as it includes a link to a Travel Insurance Directory. 

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge