Relapse aml after transplant

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hello my name is Erick my wife was first diagnosed with aml on dec 25 2019 she was 39 years at the time now she’s 40. After two rounds of induction and two consodaltions she had a bmt transplant June 4 2020 at Sloan Kettering .Unfortunately after a biopsy procedure on October 28 2020 we discovered she had relapse .As of right now we are moving forward with a clinical trial sndx 5613 she will start upcoming Tuesday which targets her aml because of her mll rearrangements.We did our research I would like to know has anyone been on this clinical trial and what experience did they have .thank you for any information 

• Hi  and I see you are in the USA so welcome to this little corner of the UK Macmillan Community.

So sorry to hear about your wife’s relapse. My journey is rather different in that I had a rare NHL.

I had my first Allo (donor) SCT in June 2014, it had failed by Dec 2014 and I relapsed. As there was not much else available we decided to go for a second Allo SCT in Oct 2015 hitting it hard and seeing what would happen..... so far so good for me.

Lets see if there is anyone else who can help and I also see you have posted in the AML group.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi, 

so sorry you’re needing to find info, it’s tough. But MSK is a great hospital with an excellent record. I believe Dr Anas Younes is still working there? He was one of the people involved in the SGN35 trial (now Brentuximab Vedotin) which our daughter benefitted from (for Hodgkin’s Lymphoma) 

just wanted to wish you both the very best and send these from over the pond

Hugs xox

Moomy

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to moomy

Thank  you moomy for the information and wishes take care wishing your family the very best as well .

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Thank you highlander for your information it’s a fairly new clinical trial .I see you had a second transplant that’s the journey the doctor wants my wife to take after the clinical trial puts her in remission first .

• Hi again, for me there were no other options other than SCT and we always had the option for the second if the first did it work. Do keep in contact.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Like Mike, our lass didn’t really have the option of NOT doing a donor SCT after Brentuximab, which was her third trial, she had totally run out of options. (Her team spent 2-3 years telling her, every 3 months, that she had to get her affairs in order as nothing was working, and she was just into her 30’s) 

Theres hope, thats what kept us all going.

Hugs xxx

Moomy