NHS

• 36 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Posted this earlier on another page but I thought I would share it.

Good news from hospital today as my bloods are all still good so the team in Plymouth have said I can now start sharing appointments between them and my normal hospital in Exeter. Hopefully this is the start of my moving on to the next phase of my recovery but I won’t lie and it comes with a huge amount of sadness.
Derriford NHS Plymouth have not just been my life over the past year, they have gone over and beyond to save my life and for that I can never thank them enough and my family and I will be forever grateful.
The past three years for me have been a constant processing of appointments and treatments within the NHS and I have never once doubted their dedication and professionalism in dealing with both my family and I.
To see people nationwide now out clapping and showing their appreciation for what the NHS does is absolutely wonderful and long overdue but it shouldn’t have taken a crisis like this for people to sit up and realise that we are truly blessed to have it but also it’s doing what it’s always done, saving peoples lives, not just today, this week, month or year but since it was started over 70 yrs ago.
Sat outside now following a family BBQ toasting marshmallows on the log fire. Thank you NHS, thank you. Heart️Heart️