Re shap

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hi...I habe completed 2 cycle of r chop...I cycle of ReShap...which I found really difficult..normally being a very active person I feel utterly trapped.I am waiting on some psychological support.I am dreading my next cycle of e shap over the New Year ..also have tinnitus which I know is a side effect..but wandered if this is now probably permanent.Currently doing injections for stem cell harvest next week

Any comments welcome

• Hi and welcome to our corner of the Community but sorry you find yourself on the Stem Cell Transplant (SCT) Rollercoaster.

I am Mike and I help out around our SCT group.

I had an Allo SCT as my team could not get me into a position to harvest cells so I sent my big brother twice as I had to have two Allo's.

He said the injections and eventual harvest was ok, a lot of sitting around but no real issues......... but I am sure that some of those who have had a Auto SCT will give you their first hand experiences.

Tinnitus?......... a regular side effect of lots of chemo's used and on the whole it will eventually clear up after all the treatment is complete....... unfortunately not for me - but you can hit my forum name to see my story.

I have actually just bumped a few threads that would be good to have a look - just hit the 'Discussions' tab and look through them.

Have you been told what type of conditioning (chemo) your team are looking at to take down your immune system in preparation for getting your cells back?

What hospital are you being treated in?......... as we may have someone who has had their SCT in the same unit.

Check to see if you are near a Maggie’s Centre as these folks are amazing for one on one Psychological Support

We are around to walk this with you.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Thanks so much for your info...and inspirational story.

I must have to go off to the hospital to get my PICC line checked..so will look out for more posts .am going to Oxford for my ACT.

• Hi Leo,

daughter found ESHAP reasonably easy apart from the one night stay in hospital. Oxford are pretty good, which hospital? Daughter is now being treated at a couple of them (JR for immunoglobulin, Churchill for haematology) but she was originally treated ‘oop north’, at the Christie in Manchester. she had a very long illness before ever reaching a remission, but is there now!

There should be some sort of counselling service attached to the oncology department, it might be well worth asking and get on their list for help as soon as possible if you’re struggling? There may well be a Macmillan unit which could well be a good first port of call, not sure that Maggies has reached there.  

hugs xxx

Moomy