apr surgery

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 60 subscribers

I’m a woman that has had apr surgery about a year ago. I also had to have the back wall of my vagina removed as the tumour has encroached on this area. I would love to hear from other women that have experienced this.

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that your had to have APR surgery a year ago and it's normal to want to talk to others who have this type of surgery.

Not having had this surgery myself I had to look up to see what sort of cancer it's used for and found that it's common for both anal and bowel cancers. We have both an anal cancer and a bowel cancer group which you could join depending on the type of cancer you had.

To join just click on the appropriate link and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post questions after selecting 'start a discussion' and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

When you have a minute it would be really useful if could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"