renal cell carcidoma

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Hi my other half has been confirmed with Renal cell carcinoma. He went into hospital for the 3rd time a few days ago with very bad back and stomach pains. He has also picked up some sort of infection while he’s been in hospital and is now on a drip for fluids and antibiotics. We won’t know anymore until Monday. I think my world has just fallen apart.

• Hi and welcome to the online community although I'm sorry that you've had to find us.

I'm not surprised that you feel that your whole world has fallen apart having just discovered that your partner has renal cell carcinoma.

I see that you have found and joined the kidney cancer group and I'm sure the members of that group will be along shortly to help answer questions, share experiences and give you their support.

You might also like to join the carers group which is a safe and supportive place to share your worries and concerns.To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself or post a question after selecting 'start a discussion' and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

When you feel up to it, it would be really useful if could pop something about your partner's journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thank you I’ll take a look when I get a minute