Melanoma

• 1 reply
  • 59 subscribers

December 2017 after going to the doctor's with a chest infection, I came away with a two week appointment for possible melanoma with Dermatology. Within a week I had the mole removed which was a melanoma. After a WLE they had removed it all.

I have had my three monthly checks since January 18, and have had several more moles removed  from back,face,legs and bottom of foot. Going in April to have a mole removed under my armpit.

After my last appointment on Tuesday I have another mole  on my back and neck that are to be removed in a couple of weeks. I have also to have a biopsy of my leg, the doctor is testing me for Bowens disease. Ive cried twice since my diagnosis once when they told me I had cancer and on Tuesday after my last appointment. This in total will be ten moles removed I'm feeling pretty low at the moment but hopefully will come out the other side soon.

Thank you for letting me share my story.

Alison 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I too have been diagnosed with melanoma. Mine was an amelanotic melanoma and I had it removed in October 2016. Like you I've been going for three monthly check-ups ever since but haven't had to have anymore biopsies.

I can completely understand why you'd be feeling low at the moment having been told that you need further moles removed. Come and join us in the melanoma group which I see you've joined. Clicking on the link I've created will take you back there. You can then introduce yourself by selecting 'start a discussion' and then copy and paste your post from here into the new post.

There are lots of friendly people there who are at various stages with melanoma. When you have a minute could you pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"