New to the Community

If you've just joined the Community and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction.

Breast Cancer diagnosis and about to start chemotherapy and radiotherapy

Minty63
Posted by

Hi everyone

I am brand new to this site and seeking a little support and advice.  I was diagnosed with Stage 2 invasive lobular breast cancer at the end of November 2018, had wide local excision and sentinel node biopsy in December.  The nodes were thankfully clear and my surgeon informed me that all the cancer had been removed with clear margins, however the grade was higher than hoped for at Grade 3.  After Oncotype DX testing with a recurrence score of 29, the Oncologist has recommend I have FEC chemotherapy, 6 courses, 3 weeks apart starting in February, followed by a 4 week gap, then 3 weeks of radiotherapy (every day Monday to Friday for 3 weeks) then 'boosters' the following week.  I am absolutely terrified of chemotherapy and wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Apologies if I should have posted this elsewhere - I am rather lost and unsure of what I am doing, but I wanted to reach out to someone out there who has had a similar experience.  I have what feels like a whole library of reading matter given to me since this journey started and am beginning to feel somewhat overwhelmed with the whole frightening experience.

If you have read my post this far, thank you for taking the time :-)

rily
Posted by

Hi and welcome to the community, although sorry for the reason you find yourself here. We have all been there and know how you must be feeling. Firstly, no need for any apologies. Here you will get advice, help and support, or you may like to just use the community to let out your feelings. Everyone here understands. Could I point you to the friendly and active Breast Group where the members will be able to answer your questions or concerns. Click the highlighted link to get to the group and start a new discussion there. You may find it easier to copy and paste your above post in the group to save further typing. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.  What is a Community Champion ?