New to the Community

If you've just joined the Community and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction.

Mum just been diagnosed

Staystrongformum
Posted by

Hi all I’m just new to here but hoping other people will mayb share similar stories and hopefully success stories. 

So my mums 67 and just been diagnosed With Grade 3 breast cancer that’s triple negative and their saying coz it’s so aggressive they don’t think she will cope with chemo to shrink it so she’s to get a mastectomy. Anyone been in this position at this age and been ok? Would love to hear similar stories 

thanks 

Laura xx 

rily
Posted by

Hi and welcome to the community, although sorry to hear about mum. Great to know you are here to support her. I notice you have found the family and friends group where you will get help and advice on how to help her from others looking after loved ones. As regards treatment, you may like to post any questions in the Breast Group where people with experience will be able to help. As regards age, treatment is considered on how people will cope, rather than age. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.  What is a Community Champion ?