Bereaved children

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 58 subscribers

I was bereaved as a child, my father died of renal cancer which subsequently spread through his entire body. Are there any services for adults who were bereaved as a child? In my head I’m still dealing with it as a 10-12 year old although I’m now an adult. I received no support while a child, and now I’m just wanting pointers for the last dregs of getting my head round it! 
Thanks. 

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to read that your father died when you were only young. It must have been a very difficult time for you.

As the community is divided up into groups I'm going to suggest that you join the bereaved family and friends group where you can share experiences and give and receive support. Someone in the group may have the experience that you're looking for.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'click to join' or 'join' (depending on the device you're using) on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post in the same way that you first posted this message in the New to the Community group and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'. 

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"