New to site

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 60 subscribers

Hi all, I’ve recently been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer (melanoma). Thought we had it the first time but has spread to my pectoral and tail bone. I’m starting treatment today and hope that this will work for me.

im not sure how to feel, mostly I’m just carrying on as usual but my family are so sad, it breaks my heart. Trying to stay positive to fight it and perhaps look at finding some support groups to help me and when he’s ready, my husband.

• Hi and welcome to the community, although sorry to hear of your concerns. You will find this a friendly and supportive place where you can discuss things and ask questions with people who understand. Could I suggest you join the Melanoma Group where the members there will have experience of this and will offer help and support. Click the link to get to the group and introduce yourself there. You may also like to join in on the current discussions by clicking the reply button. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Hi and a second welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that your melanoma has spread but hopefully the treatment you've started will kick it into touch!

I see that you wanted to join a support group and that my friend  pointed you to the melanoma group but you haven't joined yet. I just wanted to reassure you that we're a very friendly bunch and there's lots of experience within the group of different treatments, etc so any questions you might have we will probably be able to answer. I'm sure as well that you'll be able to help others with your experiences with melanoma and it's treatment.

Could I ask that when you have a minute you pop something about your cancer journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering, or looking for other people with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this just click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

I hope to see you over in the melanoma group soon

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi I’ve i was diagnosed in November last year with melanoma and after another operation and node biopsy have just been told it has spread to my lymph nodes . I have just had an MRI and Ct scan to see if it has spread anywhere else . Like you I am just trying to get on with life and keep things as normal as possible but also worry about my grown up kids worrying about me . I wish all the very best with your treatment xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Jane jca

Hi Jane jca 

I’m thinking of you and hoping the news from your scans is good. It’s all scary, but family are a great source of comfort and strength and also people on this site I’ve found are kind and understanding. Makes you feel less isolated, well that’s how I feel. I’m off for my second therapy on Monday, I’ve not had too many reactions apart from some really terrible headaches, which my oncologist said she’s not heard anyone have before but offered no other explanation. So I’m still trying not to stress myself and stay positive. 

A good old cry every now and then helps like a release valve.

Good luck with your results, keep living life and enjoying the little things xx 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that your melanoma has spread to your lymph nodes and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that it hasn't spread further.

I see that you have joined the melanoma group where you can share experiences with others who have found themselves in the same position. You can respond to exiting posts by clicking on 'Reply' and start your own by choosing 'Start a discussion'.

When you have a minute could you pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

I'll keep an eye out for you in the group

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thankyou and good luck to you on your second therapy hope all goes well for you too xx