This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lovely Morning -Chit - Chat Thread - no 14

• 784 replies
  • 48 subscribers

A new thread other getting full lol (continued from thread no 13)

Talk about what ever you wish to, within reason,

What your up to today, what you may be doing, having bloods done, or scan day, or results,

Though if you have a special topic, please start anew thread,

This is for daily everyday life, we talk about this and that, and yes rubbish,and   nonsense at times, me included.

That is some times what daily life is like, 

• Well, Chelle, Tvman and Annette you’ve all had cruises of a lifetime. What wonderful memories you’ve made. And making another one your goal, Tvman, that is wonderful. It will help you and your wife go through the testing times. 

Judy xx

• Good morning all,

your photos look amazing Chelle. Bringing back memories for me too. I loved my holidays there as a child. When I was 16 I went out by myself and stayed a week with my aunt and a week with my cousin d his friends on a fiord in their summer house. What an adventure I had. When I was little I remember my uncle and Dad fishing in the fiord and my aunt preparing the catch for our dinner. I touched e fish and it twitched. I jumped about a mile in the air. My aunt was no nonsense and told me off for being silly. Happy days! Joy xxx

• I’m sort of doing that too Tv, not really a bucket list but just seizing the day and it’s so nice to be able to go in term time! 
    Jac x

• Hi  I love cruising, it is so relaxing, and such an easy way to travel. There have been cruises where I have not been well enough to leave the cabin for a couple of days, but mr Simmo is happy enough to go off exploring by himself. Fortunately this cruise I got to enjoy every day. It is sad that the Baltic cruises have been stopped, as obviously St Petersburg is not an option at the moment. I have heard how beautiful it is there, and I am glad you got the opportunity. 

how lovely that your niece is coming to visit. I did go through a stage myself of being vegetarian, and what I have noticed recently is that supermarkets sell a much more varied amount of vegetarian food. I hope you have a lovely time with her.

what wonderful childhood memories! It seems that the Norwegian way of life is all very much geared to living the outdoor life. One of the tour guides we were talking too was telling us that most families have cabins in the mountains that the family have passed down through the generations, and they like to go off grid as it were, stay in the cabins with no electricity etc, catch their own food oh and the bliss of no cell phones. 
    Joy

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • We have been on a lot of cruises but always to the sunny parts.

did have one med cruise when it rained everyday and it was difficult to find a seat inside.

would like to see the fiords though.

• Hi chellesimo. Can I be cheeky and ask what cruise holiday you use and what insurance company. U want to try a d take myself on a cruise around Xmas time. Just me and I've not got the foggiest idea how to start xx

• It’s not cheeky at all. This cruise we booked direct with P&O and we managed to book it all online. Insurance is a whole different ball game. I’ve always found it’s better to talk to the insurance company direct rather than do an online quote, but it really is a case of phoning around to get the best one. This time we went with staysure and managed to get a years policy which included the cruise for just under £200, which was really cheap compared to some online quotes we were getting! 

If you are going at Xmas time can I suggest you look at Bruge and the German Christmas markets. We have done them a couple of times and they really are lovely places to go at Christmas, and the ship is all decorated too. 

xx 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Judy, I fully agree with you about the slaughter of such graceful mammals. I don't mind eating a veggie meal that has had spices added for flavour. My son is vegetarian but when he comes to stay with us, say at Christmas, he'll dump the vegetarian aspect of his regime and get stuck into the turkey!

Tvman x 

Love life and family.
  • Grin I don’t blame him. My niece has a nut roast! I’ve practiced doing a Ratatouille and halloumi bake so that I can do it again on Saturday when she comes. It’s really easy to do. 
    my son introduced me to veggie meals with loads of spices!!!! Still not sure if I could be converted! Maybe there’s a happy medium. 
    Judy xx

• Just watered my garden worms. Got to keep them soft in case I turn into a wormivore as well as insectivore!