This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lovely Morning -Chit - Chat Thread - no 14

• 784 replies
  • 48 subscribers

A new thread other getting full lol (continued from thread no 13)

Talk about what ever you wish to, within reason,

What your up to today, what you may be doing, having bloods done, or scan day, or results,

Though if you have a special topic, please start anew thread,

This is for daily everyday life, we talk about this and that, and yes rubbish,and   nonsense at times, me included.

That is some times what daily life is like, 

• That is some photo Mrs Simo, I’m very envious.

• Hi Chelle, I must have missed your plans to go to Norway. Was it a cruise? My aunt married a Norwegian and moved there, near Bergen. I went a few times. I agree, very beautiful x

•   yes we were on Briannia. We live near Southampton so it’s so easy for us, we leave our house and on board within the hour, and the holiday starts straight away! The fjords are just so beautiful and to be able to sail  through them with views on both sides of the ship, is just wonderful. X 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  •   it was so relaxing. The entertainment on board was really good too! We saw a great comedian, a sea shanty band, a Norwegian Gospel choir who were amazing! Oh and a talk about crime in England during the 2nd world war! Really was something for everyone xx 

Chelle 

Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  •   we didn’t stop in Bergen this time, but have been there before. There is an amazing ice bar there. X 

Chelle 

Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • That’s fantastic. Sounds like a dream to me Blush xx

• Chelle, I have the exact same photo but from a little higher up. Zooming in on the ship I see it's a P&O vessel, as was mine. Looks like you were on the exact same cruise as I was, exploring Norway's fjords. What a cruise! You have given me great memories. A couple of photos are below, the ship from higher up and one of the many waterfalls we visited 

Once my wife gets over her chemo and radiotherapy (just 10 more appointments to go, 15 behind her) we are going to go on a cruise in September, destination yet to be decided.

Tvman x 

These photos were taken just over a year after my incurable bone marrow cancer diagnosis, part of my bucket list of sorts. Not really a bucket list but holidays that I didn't have because I was running a business and self employed.

Love life and family.
  • I'd agree with everything that Chelle has said, plus VAT. We stopped at Bergen though, I think that's where the fish market is, the same one that sold whale meat and I was given a slither of one to try. It had the same texture as steak, and it was raw of course. I must say that curiosity got the better of me as I wouldn't necessarily agree with Norway's whale catch, allowed for "scientific studies".

I did a degree course a while ago that was about environmental studies and one part of the course dealt with whaling. The numbers of whales that were caught in the early years was astonishing, hundreds of thousands and numbers of various whale species were separately listed. From memory I think the Minke whale took the brunt of the slaughter. Least said the better.

Love life and family.
  • Hi Chelle, That must be great to be near the port. I'm so pleased you had a great holiday! We have also been on several cruises. When they leave from Southampton we take the train from Glasgow and stay in a hotel the night before. We have also flown to Palma and Barcelona to get a cruise as well as leaving from Scottish Ports like Rosyth & Greenock.

We have been to the Fyords and have been to Bergen's Ice Bar. I think the cruise my husband and I enjoyed the most visited St. Petersburg what an amazing place. We have not sailed with P&O but Royal Caribbean is fantastic!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • It’s so sad that these majestic creatures were slaughtered in huge numbers. I don’t know how man can be so cruel. I can never watch wild life programs that involve animals being killed. Even lions killing defenceless zebras and antelopes. 
    I love all animals but enjoy a steak. My niece is coming on Saturday so I have to cook her a veggie meal!! I admire her but I’m too old now to cross over and be like her See no evil