The Book Club Thread

• 72 replies
  • 51 subscribers

Hi all been chasing about books today and Shadders suggested starting a book club. So here we go.

1. We take turn a piece of picking a book.

2. We each read the story, by book, kindle , audio.

3. We give our opinions .

4. Shadders should pick the first book.

Anyone interested ?

Moi

• How is Mrs   getting on with it? 

• Very slowly,she only reads it when in bed then falls asleep she must think its funny as she keeps laughing.

• Hi all I have finished The Bullet that missed, by Richard Osmond. Very much the same as his othere books . Personally I enjoyed the book, very good.

I have since started The Seven Sisters, series there are 8 books I've just finished books 4, all are about 700 pages and I just can't put them down.  Need to get out more. Lol xx

Moi

• Moi, I'm on my 7th of the The Severn Sisters series and have just received Pa Salt. I was waiting till the price came down for that one. Yes, they are great reads and very addictive! I have always been a slow reader but these are something esle!

Will be looking for other good reads when I relunctantly finish The Severn Sisters.

Judy xx

• Hi Judy I love your choice of books, you told me about this series and I can't  wait to see uour next choice, I am really enjoying the Seven Sisters. xx

Moi

• Oh Mmum totally agree . As for the day time tv, well the chemistry in making a balanced meal is a real turn the telly off for me. My Ray doesn't  read much but I kept telling him bit when I was furious about the way females  were treated, then I'd laugh and he'd ask what I'd laughed at so he enjoyed the snippets. The rowing was definitely boring.  I wonder how many people got to rowing and put it down and never picked it up again. Xx

Moi

• Did this book club ever start? I'd be interested.

• Yes, we're all at various stages of reading "Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus".  Join us!  

• I loved Lessons in Chemistry, after a slow start where it seemed stodgy. Lots of laugh out loud moments, lots of indignant harummphing at the sexism. I had to work hard to suspend disbelief with Six-thirty though and I'll not be trying rowing! 

Sarah 

• Hi Barmy, as Mmum has said we're all different stages in our first book. I read very fast, good story can't put a book down. Some people only read a few pages before going asleep. I must admit I really enjoyed Lessons in Chemistry. Give it a read and tell us what you think.  

Moi