CT and MRI results

• 18 replies
  • 45 subscribers

I finally had a discussion with my oncoloand got the scan reports sent to me I am still waiting for the images to view which they have promised to send me.

he wants me to stop the Atra says everything is progressing slowly.

lung mets are many the biggest 59 mm grown for 56mm.

liver mets small increase. Slow but definite progression in the head afflicting my eye and vision.

He has again offered chemotherapy which I have refused and now he has e mailed me offering me a short  palliative 5 doses of radiotherapy . I said I will think about it and stop the Atra today and want to see if the pins and needles come back in my face as soon as I stop it I am not really sure what to think now. I did ask him about prognosis said he does not know. It seems the decline will be gradual. He had told me 2 years in the past  whichwill be up in October. I asked about Kefalonia in September he thought covid is more likely to stop me than my health.

he said I could go on months or years not very helpful 

• All sounds at bit miserable Ruth. They seem to use a few quick bursts of RT for a short term improvement. I had a lot on a trial and they were pleased with the result.

How about just looking at the Kefalonia holiday as a target, that has got to be better than any treatment.

You know they don't know what day it is when it comes to a prognosis!. Hope stopping the Atra has no bad effects and you manage ok.

Xxxx.

• I'm about the same stage as you Ruth. They know that the atezolizumab is not working and they've offered me chemo, which I have declined. I'm having the first of five daily shots of RT to help with pain this afternoon.

To be honest I feel pretty good, so I am enjoying the days as they come. We have a camper van booked in Scotland in August, and a cruise in Norway in October. Getting to those in a fit state to enjoy them are my only targets.

I am really enjoying life, probably for the first time in years Laughing

Much love,

Stuart x 

• Thank you for the message.

I hope the RT helps your pain. I am lucky my pain is controlled x

Ruth 

• Thanks for the support.

I am determined to enjoy my summer 

Ruth 

• Good that he thinks COVID will be more likely to stop you than anything else so that’s a positive 

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• Since stopping the ATRA The pain seems worse .I have to take oramorph every day for headaches but I don’t know if it is a coincidence 

I am still reluctant to have the RT now and have emailed him and asked if I can have it in 3 months time as I want to enjoy the summer.

It is good you are coping with the RT. I have also been offered the 5 doses.

I will see what the oncologist says about my request to delay it. Otherwise perhaps I should bite the bullet and go for it.

I went to the eye hospital yesterday and they offered me an operation to straighten my eye which I have refused. I did tell the doctor hat over the years I went there and saw several doctors not one of them suggested I had a scan to look at the cause of my squint with the headaches. I told him google was right when I looked it up and I had to request the scan myself from my oncologist which showed  the metastases in my head.

he started apologising and panicking. I said I wasn’t blaming anyone I just hope that in the future they could advise  other patients 

Ruth 

• I know your plan was always to enjoy the summer but difficult with pain all the time. Lets hope your onco can advise a solution.  X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to ruthjp

I hope that whatever you decide works out for you Ruth.  Rooting for you xxxx

• my pain is fairly well controlled with the zomorph and oramorph.

my oncologist said he thinks it is reasonable to wait until after the summer and if my symptoms get worse I can have the RT earlier. 
    So that is how we have left it for now x.  

Ruth