Worried/wondering

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 27 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hi All, it’s 2.30am and I find myself awake and thoughtful.

I had latest CT scan 2nd March with view to discussing results with oncologist on 29th March but he bought appt. forward to 11th and isn’t 100% happy with Liver so sending me for MRI this Thurs.

I’m on Ibrance/Letrezole/Zometa for METS lymph nodes/Bones/Liver but those Zometa treatments have gone from every 4 to 5 weeks because bloods struggling to keep above 1 on neutrophils.

I guess I’m not totally surprised, every 3 month scan hope for best & prepare for worst especiallly if feeling more off/achey than usual, and I realise I don’t know what’s what till I get MRI scan results but I do feel anxious, I keep telling myself I’ve been blessed as I was diagnosed back end of 2014 and here I am 2021 but still despite fabulous hubby & family & good friends it’s hard to express how scared I am.....

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

It’s just me being unfit then lol Joy, I think of my dad and know he would struggle but he has a lot of issues going on with lungs, not sure I’m much better!! perhaps meditation is what I need to do myself! Respect to you. Indeed that’s so true I don’t think we ever feel older do we.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to ruthjp

Thanks Ruth, they put ear plugs in but perhaps they would have let me listen to music I didn’t think of that!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Dear SiT you have made me think that what am I stressing about! Claustrophobia would be awful, respect to you!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Remoh

Dear Remoh,aww thanks for your support  funny you should say that my sister in law asked me if I kept my eyes closed and I realised that I had for a lot of it! As you say whatever gets you through eh! Yes mine was just over hour and I was shattered but it was good to get a better night sleep lol Joy  There’s always a silver lining 

same to you and all the lovely people on here, may we all be blessed with minimal pain & maximum time

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Norberry

Norbert haha perhaps that’s what I need to practice Rofl

• I have always kept my eyes firmly shut but on one occasion I opened my eyes for one second to see the tube one inch above me, that got me going I can tell you. Still had my eyes shut three hours later just in case I was still in there!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Norberry

Dear Norberry, haha that did make me chuckle - I had to open my eyes to drive home but I absolutely no what you mean - I did wake up that night with a start and had a moment!  Have a Lovely Weekend. Slight smile