Sarcoma diagnosis

• 16 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi

I was referred a year ago, 2ww, sarcoma in lower leg

Fast forward - no treatment just palliative radiotherapy in July/august. Now just 3 monthly scans. I asked for prognosis in December as it had spread to lungs months ago. 6 months- 2 years. I accepted my lot ages ago and that there’s no cure.

The most frustrating thing is bl@@dy Covid. ! I am able to walk daily and have just retiled bathroom floor etc- just to pass time. I have a bucket list but the clocks ticking. I feel like grabbing my passport and to hell with it while I still can

Have results for last scan next week so it’s the loooong wait at  mo

Does anyone else feel like breaking Covid rules ?

• I know how you feel. I have booked a summer holiday with the family to go to Kefalonia.

good to have something to look forward to.

well done riling bathroom floor we are keeping on going xx

Ruth 

• Yes , something to look forward to !  2 of my kids have bought homes and they want me to see them. Ones in Amsterdam. So that’s 2 trips. 

We can and we will xx

Liposarcoma and practicing positive mental attitude 
  • Important to see your children xx

Ruth 

• Hi Lilly,

We broke lockdown quite a lot although we didn't travel abroad. When we were in the local levels, visiting the terminally ill was an exception, so we had a big get together for Christmas.

Stuart x

• In some ways I was lucky as my wife has diabetes and so was high risk so my desire to protect her reduced my desire to break the rules. With me being at risk her desire to break the rules was reduced too. I also had two major surgeries with long recovery times so that helped stopping us thinking about going out.  We did have a couple of unauthorised visits from our kids but they were all good and checked temps etc before visiting as they didn’t want to infect us. However once behind closed doors of course we hugged our kids. We are at the point now where we have just moved house so have a to do list to keep us busy but the warmer it gets the louder the shout to visit my mum and to go to the seaside for a day. Hopefully I can resist until June 

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• You are still here and with some get up and go. Bugger the rules,  Galilee shows one way forwards.

• Yes it’s much harder for them than me, I didn’t even tell them or anyone for 3 months or so as was nothing they could do in lockdown they’ve been amazing since xx

• That’s something I didn’t know !

• Hi

i definitely empathise with your thoughts about Covid and a limited time. I have an incurable oral cancer and am now receiving maintenance treatment and have scans in April which will show if the tumour has grown. I have not wanted to have discussions on prognosis as I am in a fairly stable place. But, like so many other people I am frustrated at the lockdown and the potential time that is being wasted when I could be seeing friends, going to places I want to visit and not wasting time alone at home. 
    friends and family have asked if I have ideas on what I want to do and although I don’t have a‘bucket’ list I just want the freedom to do stuff. I have found that discussion within my McMillan nurse and consultant include lots on quality of life versus treatment and side effects and I know that for the majority of the time I am well enough to get out and about. But I am marooned by Covid. Fingers crossed the timeline is not altered and we can get on with our lives. It’s supposed to be living with cancer....

I wish you all the best and really hope that you are able to enjoy your time when the restrictions are lifted 

LinziR
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Me!!! I feel like breaking the rules, but then I remember that people move the virus so I’m just as likely to spread it as anyone else. I’m also having treatment so it’s only fair that I follow the guidelines. Having said that my Consultant has given our family some wriggle room my prognosis is 2-6 months.  I have met up with our sons inside, but only if they haven’t met anyone else in the previous 7 days & after a hug we socially distance & my DIL wears a mask.

• My biggest fear was that I wouldn’t survive the pandemic, & it was heartbreaking to cancel all our plans for last year. I got very depressed, it seemed pointless to have chemo & be at home alone day after day. Just need to hang on through the big push to the finish line, or to the point where we can meet & hug family and friends again. It’s very, very hard to be told to make the most of every day and stay at home inthe same breath. xx